Thursday 11 August 2011

The amazing Museum-Aquarium de Nancy

Museum-Aquarium de Nancy
Museum-Aquarium de Nancy 
The museum-aquarium of in the French city Nancy  (famous mostly for its art-nouveau architecture) is really worth visiting. The first floor hosts one of the most impressive aquiariums in Europe I have ever seen. The diversity of species one may see there from all ends of the world, as well as salt and sweet water species: all are just breathtaking!
Museum-Aquarium de Nancy
 The second floor meets the visitors with a huge "arbre généalogique de la vie sur terre". Then all of species families are presented in the next hall.

Museum-Aquarium de Nancy






















One of the reason to visit the museum last weekend was the temporary exhibition of the famous French wildlife photographer Vincent Meunier. The wildlife expo is called "From dusk till dusk" and half of it shows wildlife and landscapes photos from Lorraine (the region Nancy belongs to). The pictures are on display till February 2012. A short preview is offered with the my shot below...

7 comments:

betchai said...

beautiful images. wish you have a wonderful weekend ahead too.

hélène said...

Yoehoe you get to take a pix of your ghost on the first picture ;-)! Okééé, that's my sense of humour :-p I really like btw the previous article about mirabelles! Xx

Jana said...

thank you:-)
@Helene: would u like some mirabelles, I still have some at home, just come over:-)bisous!

hélène said...

oooh nice of you, i can't pass buy for now :-(! No trains till tuesday because of works on tracks. And on tuesday i'm leaving to Luxembourg for 10 days. I'm leading a sport and adventure camp :-p I'll try to survive in order to visit you soon! I was also thinking of being volunteer again at the Children Christmas Party and later say you 'coucou' ;-) XXX PS: enjoy mirabelle, i guess they are really tasty!

WebbieLady said...

Helene's (first e has accent aigu, second e has accent grave, third e is unaccented: my lappy does not have these accented e's) eyes are so sharp! I thought that's part of the display! Only when I saw her comment I realized it's your reflection!

FilipBlog said...

Looks nice, the fish and the butterflies.

Murasaki Shikibu said...

Love the photographs of the very colorful fish. :)