Wednesday 3 February 2010

Dogsledding in Finland...

Dogsledding karelia
A funny thing to do in winter (and of course somewhere with a lot, lot of snow) is dogsledding! I had the pleasure to experience a tour, my dear Finnish friends Henna and Lauri organised in the region Karelia, some kilometers away from the Russian border.
Dogsledding Karelia
The small, family-run husky farm Bearhillhusky is hidden from the outside world, in the middle of the wilderness. Barking of 40 Alaskan huskys greeted us. The first picture shows how excited the dogs were, when being prepared for the sleigh. The 1-hour-tour in the middle of snow-covered lake-forest-landscape was an amazing, but also pretty freezing experience. One person was steering the sled (pulled by 6 dogs) and 1 person was lying covered in warm fur....


 And the blue-eye-beauty, a bit tired after the tour:-))

4 comments:

FilipBlog said...

Nice puppies

Roj said...

Puppies? They are so big I think to be able to carry the sleigh + rider/passenger? ^^

Reading your post make meshiver...Seems so cold...bBBBRRRR...Brrrr...

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog! Dο уou hаve any hints fоr
aspiгing wгiteгs? I'm planning to start my own site soon but I'm a lіttle lоѕt on everything.
Would you advise starting with a free platform like
Wordpreѕѕ oг go for a paid option?
There are sо mаny options out there that I'm totally confused .. Any recommendations? Cheers!

Here is my web blog get wso

Anonymous said...

It іs not my firѕt timе to go to see this websіte, i am broωsing this wеb sіte dailly anԁ get fastidiоuѕ infοrmation fгom herе eνerуdаy.


Feel free to νіsit my weblog download jvzoo